Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Nail Biter

Holy cow, what a game!  When I stopped watching the game in the bottom of the sixth inning the Twins were ahead 5-4.  I wake up the next day to find out that the M's won 8-7.  Amazing!!!  Jason Vargas had a kind of hard outing against the Twinkies giving up 5 runs over 4 2/3 innings of work.  2 of the runs came off the batt of Jim Thome who launched a monster homerun over the right field wall.  He went on to hit another laser beam shot later in the game.  It seemed all but hopeless but the Mariners were able to scratch by on Luis Rodriguez's sac fly in the top of the 10th.  These types of games always have me on the edge of my seat and leave me with no finger nails.  It's good to see that the M's are hitting the ball well against good pitching.  They were able to score 4 runs including a homer from Mr. Cust.  That was Jack's first homer in a Mariner uniform.  Welcome to the club!  The M's cease to amaze me when they can come back from a 3-run deficit and take the game in extra innings.  And that is why I am Sleepless Over Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment